[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
SurroundByUs.com • View topic - AudioMuxer (Discussion)

SurroundByUs.com

A Stereo-to-Surround Community
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:16 pm
  • No posting regarding file sharing of copyrighted material is allowed
  • AudioMuxer is here
  • Spec, SpecScript and SpecWeb are here

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

The tools and techniques described and provided on this forum are intended for use on material owned by users and for their personal use as covered by "fair use" and other applicable copyright laws. The owners and moderators of this forum do not suggest or condone any violation of copyright or other applicable laws. Any use of these methods outside this forum in a manner which violates "fair use" or copyright is done so at the individual's own peril and is not the responsibility of surroundbyus.com.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 531 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44 ... 54  Next
PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 5:05 am 
Tri-Field

Dear Pl4yitLOUD...

Firstly, thank you very much for this very useful program. Finally, I can create own DVD's projects with multi-ch music ripped from SACD images because I haven't SACD Player with 5.1 point output. In dts 96/24 it's sounds very good for me. OK... and now to the point:

first... there is little bug in resolution of MKV mode. In my opinion 720x480 (wide) is not very useful because it's not similar to 16x9 (1,777). I think that resolution 848x480 (1,766) will be better,

second... modes of AudioMuxer used to rip audio from Blu-ray or MKV has flac option in output type. It's OK but sometimes audio sources has little clips at 0dB level and because flac encoder very don't like this situation, it's generate audible distortions, biggest than in non compresed files as w64 or waw. In my opinion, you should add the "w64" option in this mode of AudioMuxer. w64 is free from "4GB size problem" and in Sony's Sound Forge there is fantastic algorithm to retrieve little distorted audio from clipped sources.

And one more thing at the end... Do you updated eac3to tool to the latest version in Your program?

Once again, thank you very much and greet you!

P.S. Sorry for my english... it is not my native language ;)

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2015 7:48 am 
SBU Wiki Team

Thanks Szymszel for using AudioMuxer and for your questions & remarks.

re. 480p WS. It's the Aspect ratio that will manage how the 480p will be displayed. Since 480p (720x480) is not 16:9 like 720p or 1080p, this WS option will encode the 480p with a 16:9 display aspect ratio. So when you display it, it will actually show as 853x480. Same thing as for a standard Widescreen NTSC DVD.

re. Extract Blu-ray/MKV to Flac. Well actually the extraction is first done to Wav and then this Wav is encoded to Flac, and since Flac is a lossless codec, the contents of the Flac file should be same as the original Wav. So I do not quite understand your remark. Maybe if you have an example to clarify things, then please do not hesitate to PM it to me and I will investigate it further.

re. newest version of eac3to. No time yet to have it tested with AudioMuxer, but I will do it soon.

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 10:48 am 
SBU Wiki Team

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 7:34 pm 
Mono

Hi, I would like to know how to get the the DTS decoder from Arcsoft to be recognized in the AudioMuxer test...... I have tried all the previous methods mentioned on this discussion but with no luck... what am I doing wrong? I have Windows 7 64bit... Arcsoft TMT installed. AudioMuxer latest version. Surcode Encoder is installed and recognized by test...Thanx.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:50 pm 
Stereo

Thanks for this powerful software. But there is a problem with Nero Audio Decoder. I downloaded "NeroAACCodec-1.5.1" from the official website and it's free to use. In the AAC/ALC encoder/decoder settings, I have associated Nero Audio Decoder with "neroAacDec.exe" which I have downloaded, however it still doesn't work, and I can't convert 5.1aac file to ac-3 file.
This is the log report:
==> C:\Users\wangyu\Desktop\1.mka
> AAC | 48000Hz | | 6Ch (3/2/0.1) [ID=1]

> Nero AAC Decoder LOG -->
ERROR: In order to properly decode the AAC stream in a Matroska file (MKV, MKA) you will need to
have the Nero Audio Decoder installed (Part of Nero 7).
Go to Application/Settings and then click the AAC/ALAC Settings button for the option to check for
the presence of the Nero Audio Decoder.

How to solve this problem? Many thanks.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 5:21 am 
SBU Wiki Team

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 10:26 pm 
Stereo

Many thanks for your reply. I have a Nero 7 software(Nero-7.5.14.7_Sony_update, it's from my Sony optical drive), I installed it on Windows XP, but I can't find Nero Audio Decoder in Nero7, where I can find it. Maybe an old version of Nero7?

Can I convert 5.1 channel AAC to 5.1 channel DTS? Which software I can use?

Thank you!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 3:45 am 
Surround Junkie

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 8:44 am 
Surround Junkie

I've used Audiomuxer to convert 6 channel .dts files to SPDIF .wav, many times, via the "Convert AC3/DTS to SPDIF wav/flac" tool.

Question now, is there a way to *reverse* the process? Turn the SPDIF wav file back into a 'pure' DTS file?

(Actually what I really want to do is turn it into a 6 channel PCM file -- but I figured it would be best to start from a normal .dts format)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 10:52 am 
SBU Wiki Team

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 531 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44 ... 54  Next